At least one author per accepted abstract is requested to register at the HEAL 2020 Conference.
Deadline for author registratin: March 16th, 2020.
Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper.
Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if the presenting author will be different from what originally indicated , so that the program can be amended accordingly before it goes to print.
We recommend you register through the same link used to submit your paper (button ABSTRACT SUBMISSION below):
Here, you should put your username (= surname) and abstract PIN on the relevant fields and click on CHECK ABSTRACT’S STATUS.
On the next screenshot you will see the status of the submitted abstract and a button:
“REGISTER THE PRESENTING AUTHOR”: click here to make your registration.
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file . Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
Original contributions have been collected on the following congress topics:
- Early Identification of Hearing Loss (screening and diagnosis)
- Intervention and Rehabilitation (strategies and technologies)
- Hearing Loss: Mechanisms, Effects and Medical Issues
- Epidemiology of Hearing Loss
- Auditory Perception
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia in relation to hearing loss
- Listening effort and fatigue
- Amplification: technologies and strategies
- Cochlear Implants: state-of-the-art
- Speech Perception/Speech Development
- Genetic Issues
- Auditory Neuropathy
- e-Health and m-Health
- Etiology and Medical Issues
- Family Empowerment
- Family Perspectives
- Other (please specify)
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM and register as a new user: after inserting your personal data the system will assign you a UserID and a PIN code to access the submission system. Abstracts must be submitted online only: abstracts sent by email will not be considered.
Before starting the submission process, please check the submission guidelines.
- Abstracts should only be submitted online
- The deadline for abstract submission is January 15th, 2020
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Abstracts may not have more than 700 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After sending your abstract, you will receive an email with your userID and you abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check your submission.
Once the abstract has been sent it cannot be modified any more. Authors are responsible for verifying that all information sent is correct, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to the corresponding author via email by February 20th, 2020.
PS: a tip for a correct submission: after uploading your word file, you
have to click on “save”.
Then you have to click on the button at the bottom of the page
“Check abstract status”, a pop-up will open with the abstract you submitted.
Within that pop-up, scrolling down, you will find another button:
“I approve my submission” >> click on that.
The pop-up will close, and now (again!!) you will have to click on the button
at the right bottom of the page: “Confirm and submit”.
A message with “Abstract submission completed” will appear.